Re: RH9 Custom CD

Anoop,

Please see response inline..

Quoting Anoop <anoop@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi list,
>
> Went through Brett Schwarz' excellent article on creating a custom RH8 CD.
> I needed to build a custom RH9 CD and have done the following,
>
> 1. create /var/RH9_BASE directory
> that directory contains RedHat/base and RedHat/RPMS
>
> 2. copied the required rpms in the RPMS directory
>
> 3. Modified comps.xml so as to contain only the Core group and listed all my
>
> rpms's in that group (Hope this isn't insane)
>
> 4. copied all files from /original/redhat/source/cd1/RedHat/base to
> /var/RH9_BASE/RedHat/base
>
> 5. deleted hdlist and hdlist2
>
> 6. ran /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist /var/RH9_BASE
>
> 7. copied .discinfo from /original/redhat/source/cd1/ to /var/RH9_BASE/
>
> 8. copied bootdisk.img to /var/RH9_BASE/RedHat/images/

You don't need this.

> 9. did mkisofs -b images/bootdisk.img -o rhtestcd.iso /var/RH9_BASE

Some things have changed however :P.  Use:

mkisofs -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 \
  -boot-info-table -c isolinux/boot.cat -x lost+found -o rhtestcd.iso \
  /var/RH9_BASE

With the isolinux.bin, disk emulation is no longer necessary.

This works just dandy for me, your mileage may vary ;-).  Please do let us know
if this alleviates your problem, I plan on writing up my experience with RH 9.0.

regards,
ragho