Re: rebuilding the rh9 cds

Quoting jgking <jgking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I want to burn a new set of master redhat cds that contain all the recent
> updates and Im having a problem getting it to work.
>
> I copied the cd1 cd2 and cd3 into respective cd directories on the local
> disk. And copy the .discinfo file into cd1

The easiest and best approach that worked for me was to merge all CDs into one
directory to start with, and then later on use splitdistro.  You can ignore
duplicates for TRANS.TBL, GPG-KEY etc etc.  First put *.rpm in
$TOPDIR/$ARCH/RedHat/RPMS.  Then run genhdlist to create new hdlist and hdlist2
for the first pass (i.e. just 'genhdlist $TOPDIR/$ARCH').

Then run pkgorder, splitdistro etc as usual.