Re: Removing Red Hat text

There are several types of 'RedHat' in anaconda source code.
You want to change the following:
RedHat, Inc. -> your company, Inc.
redhat linux -> your company linux
And also, types of documentation (Red Hat Installation Guide), website addresses. (bugzilla.redhat.com or www.redhat.com/errata).

and so on, but not the following:

msw@xxxxxxxxxx, as it is an email address of a maintainer.

And remember the contents of help files (all languages if you want to be really politically correct!, that is another major headache) that somehow refer to Red Hat, Inc. or its documents, websites, etc.
Good luck
Masoud

Alexander Rau (private) wrote:

Thomas:

Have you been successfully able to change the RedHat name?

If so how did you do it?

Thanks

AR
--------

From: "Thomas Chung" <tchung openwebmail com> To: anaconda-devel-list redhat com Subject: Removing Red Hat text Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 13:41:20 -0800
--------

Hello,

I'm in the process of removing Red Hat text in my custom distro which is
based
on Red Hat Linux 8.0 and there is two screens that I couldn't figure out
which
file it's coming from.

1) "Welcome to Red Hat Linux" screen right after running /sbin/loader
message

followed by

2) "Running anaconda, the Red Hat Linux system installer - please
wait..."

BTW, my distro uses text based kickstart on bootable CD-ROM.

Thank you so much.

Thomas