Run once with autologon

I have try to use the openvt, but with no success.  The way I am going
about doing a run once script are as follow

I have two script in my /root dir (post and runonce.sh).  The post is
the actual script that get run.  It presents the user with some input
options.  Base on the input, it will install additional RPM and security
lockup.  The runonce.sh inside my root directory get call from
/etc/rc.d/rc.local.  here is what the script (runonce.sh) looks like
#!/bin/bash
#
mv /etc/rc.d/rc.local.sav /etc/rc.d/rc.local
#
/root/post

during the kickstart installation process, at my %post section.  I make
a copy of /etc/rc.d/rc.local as /etc/rc.d/rc.local.sav  I also copy both
my scripts 'post' and 'runonce.sh' into my root directory with the
proper ownership/chmod (root.root rwxrwxrwx)  Also during installation,
I append the following line to my /etc/rc.d/rc.local

openvt -c1 -f -- /root/runonce.sh

The system came up fine, I know it hit the script because my
/etc/rc.d/rc.local got restore back but I it never open up a vt and run
my post script

dwc