Custom Installer generation...

	So, I'm in the process of building a custom installer for our
product because we run on a stripped-down Linux platform.  I've
got a RedHat 9 machine set up (and an 8, and several 7.3s, and
a dozen 7.1's, but that's a different story) and I'm trying to
start with the minimum possible system that I can make install.

I took the comps.xml file, isolated the "Core" package, and have
copied all the RPMs from a RH 9 installation required for that that
into my root install tree which contains the RedHat
directory, comps, etc.

I've picked up the latest anaconda source rpm, and rebuilt and
installed that, as well as copied it into the above mentioned
root install tree.

I invoke buildinstall:
[root@sweatshop-9 anaconda-runtime]# ./buildinstall --version 9
   --product WHEE --release one /exports/AMP-UP-9

...and things go for a while, then I start getting piles of errors.
The first is:

retrieving timezones
ln: creating symbolic link `/exports/AMP-UP-9/RedHat/instimage/etc/joe/picorc' to `jpicorc': No such file or directory
ln: creating symbolic link `/exports/AMP-UP-9/RedHat/instimage/etc/joe/emacsrc' to `jmacsrc': No such file or directory

The last few (after lots of random stuff)
Cleaning ramdisk install images...
ln: creating symbolic link `/exports/AMP-UP-9/RedHat/instimage/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/compiled' to `/tmp': No such file or directory
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/exports/AMP-UP-9/RedHat/instimage/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/checkcards.py", line 44, in ?
  pcitable = open (pcifile, 'r')
  IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/exports/AMP-UP-9/RedHat/instimage/usr/share/hwdata/pcitable'
  /exports/AMP-UP-9/RedHat/instimage/usr/share/hwdata/pcitable doesn't exist
  Writing .discinfo file
  timestamp not specified; using the current time

I'm going to assume that there are things that I don't have
installed that I need, even though I've satisfied the requirements
to build the anaconda rpm file.

1. Does anyone know what I have to have installed on my system to
  produce a bootable system?

2. Does anyone have a list of the minimal files to include in my
  RPM directory to satisfy the core install requirements as well
  as the anaconda build requirements?

--
Adam Haberlach         |  Gravity: so consistent and predictable, yet
adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   |  frequently surprising.