Re: Redhat CD with customized kernel using kickstart

On Thu, 2003-03-20 at 09:20, Depankar Neogi wrote:
> Hello all:
> I am trying to build a bootable CD which would have a customized kernel
> on it and install the OS using RH kickstart.
> I am using Red Hat Advanced Server (a variant of RH7.2).
>
> I have been able to successfully create a single Redhat Advanced Server
> bootable CD with my own kickstart configuration following the direction
> from "http://256.com/gray/docs/rh_boot/";.  Many of the howto's are wrong
> about how to put the ks.cfg onto the CD including the one that appeared
> in the LinuxJournal april2003 "Hacking RH Kickstart".

How are they wrong? It certainly worked for me. Note that there is a bug
in previous versions of RH (before 8.0), where the installer would not
read the kickstart file correctly off of the CD. Is this perhaps what
you are having problems with?

    --brett