Redhat CD with customized kernel using kickstart

Hello all:
I am trying to build a bootable CD which would have a customized kernel on it and install the OS using RH kickstart.
I am using Red Hat Advanced Server (a variant of RH7.2).

I have been able to successfully create a single Redhat Advanced Server bootable CD with my own kickstart configuration following the direction from "http://256.com/gray/docs/rh_boot/";. Many of the howto's are wrong about how to put the ks.cfg onto the CD including the one that appeared in the LinuxJournal april2003 "Hacking RH Kickstart".

I have a question now on installing my own kernel from the CD.
I have built my own kernel which has support for SCSI multi-luns to recognize my raid drives. I have built the kernel in /usr/src/linux-2.4.9-e.3custom. The module dependencies are in /lib/modules/2.4.9-e.3custom. I have vmlinuz-2.4.9-e.3custom and System.map-2.4.9-e.3custom
in /boot and lilo configured to use my kernel.

My issue is, how do I get this on the CD so that at install time, the installer uses this version of kernel to recognize my raid controller and drives which
I want to format/partition via kickstart.

I see that there are two vmlinuz on the CD, one is in dosutils/autoboot which should be the BOOT kernel (/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.9-e.3BOOT - guessing from the size) and one in initrd.img
which gets installed as /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.9-e.3.

I cannot just rename /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.9-e.3custom because it has dependencies on /lib/modules/2.4.9-e.3custom.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

thanks,

Depankar Neogi
dneogi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.winphoria.com