Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 15:18:00 -0500
From: Raidzone Technical Support <support@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: keenanm@xxxxxxxx
Subject: OpenNAS kernel 2.4.18 headers & source

Please note that these rpm's have no warranty or support associated with
them.

http://www.opennas.com/NAS24/kernel-headers-2.4.18-12.i386.rpm -
1,132,130 bytes

MD5SUM a4926658a6b6810934caec244dfadeb8
kernel-headers-2.4.18-12.i386.rpm

http://www.opennas.com/NAS24/kernel-source-2.4.18-12.i386.rpm -
25,443,943 bytes

MD5SUM 5b920a6b9f76b3672063ba6cb1eac49b
kernel-source-2.4.18-12.i386.rpm

Thanks,

Ijaaz Ullah
Raidzone Technical Support
-------

there you can find a kernel that does compile, which i did and have used
successfully on one of the cubes. on the other cube, i'd like to not have
to spend a weeks time going through all the packages and dendencies to
bring it up to RH 8.0 level.

that being said, i dont believe the kernel to be the problem in this
specific case. i think its the way anaconda is searching for drives. it
looks for ide or scsi drives, but the rzX## devices are not considered.

i considered trying to hack anaconda myself, but after an hour i was still
trying to find all the tools i needed to get it to compile. i'm hoping
someone here might have an easier solution.

M<

ps: what i found most annoying about their tech support was that they
didn't know how to build a boot floppy for their own device! i couldnt use
the kernel that came with the cube because it was too large for a floppy.
after i compiled my own kernel, i did finally make a rescue disk. their
reasoning: no one should ever have a need for one.  argh!!

At 22:22 on Mar 4, Brent M. Clements arranged these symbols: