Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 6:44 PM
Subject: RE: comps.xml

Yes, it's possible.  the comps.xml file has nothing
to do with which disk a particular rpm is on.  It is
what defines the relationships of various rpms to
each other, and which rpms belong to which of the
various installation packages.  You would probably
need to modify it because it will specify RPMS to
be installed when a particular "installation group"
is selected in the installer.  Since you won't be providing ALL the RPMS you will probably need to
adjust comps.xml.  The files that define which CD
a particular RPM is on are in base also, called
hdlist and hdlist2.  Those files will definitely need
modified.  Tony Nugent's HOWTO that I referenced
previously will get you started.