Re: about anaconda

On Fri, 2002-12-27 at 15:33, John wrote:
> On 27 Dec 2002, Stephen Smoogen wrote:
> > On Thu, 2002-12-26 at 21:03, John wrote:
> >
> > Red Hat does NOT apply the GPL to its CD's. It cant because that would
>
> Read the GPL file on your first RHL CD.

I also read the EULA which is the over-riding license on the cd's.

-----
Red Hat Linux itself is a collective work under U.S. copyright law.
Subject to the trademark use limitations set forth in this Agreement,
Red Hat grants you a license in the collective work pursuant to the
GNU General Public License.
-----

I was wrong on the collective works part which only covers those
licenses that are not in conflict with the GPL as I kind of stopped
reading after this section.

The following copyright applies to the Red Hat Linux compilation and any
portions of Red Hat Linux it does not conflict with. Whenever this
policy does conflict with the copyright of any individual portion of Red
Hat Linux, it does not apply.

Beyond that I think that the license is pretty clear that it is GPL as
long as you dont break the Trademark parts.

--
Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen@xxxxxxxx
Los Alamos National Labrador  CCN-2 B-Schedule  PH: