Re: [Maybe OT] Trademarks and other such legal-type stuff

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 02:26:15PM +0300, "Törrönen, Paul-Erik" wrote:

> I want to state that I also am in the exact same position,
> our company wants to create a RH-based distribution which
> is used only as a free (as in beer) OS on top of which we
> run our proprietary software. I likewise mailed the
> trademarks@xxxxxxxxxx for some specifics about a week
> ago and have not received any response.

Are you distributing the modified OS outside of your company?  If so,
you can't call it Red Hat Linux.  If you're using the Red Hat Linux
platform for commercial gain, you'll need to talk to our legal staff.

However, if you're giving verbatim copies of what we provide on our
FTP site, all is fine with regard to trademark usage.

Cheers,

Matt