Re: Rescue Mode

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Sameer Kamat wrote:

> Hi all,
>        Firstly, this is the first time I am messing with the python scripts
> of Anaconda, so forgive me if this is a very trivial doubt.
>
> This is what I am trying to do :
>
> 1. I have a utility for Linux 7.2 which I want to load instead of the shell.
> 2. I do not need any package installation ... nothing.. I just need to boot
> up in Linux rescue mode and then invoke my utility instead of the shell. I
> know this change is to be done in the rescue.py file. But I have to automate
> this process. So I want to get rid of the "Select a language" and "Select
> the keyboard" screens before it tries to load the shell.

I did something similar to make a Troubleshoot mode and I added lspci to
the installer so that I could snag data about systems which were having
problems installing.

If you want to get rid of the language/keyboard screens, you have two
options.  You can either make a kickstart file and hardcode in the options
that you want for keyboard/mouse, or you can look through the anaconda
source and do it there and then put the keyboard and mouse into the
skipList.

--Patrick.