Re: customisation of "waiting" images

* Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2002-08-21 13:54]:
> a) what exact format should these .png's be in ? I used "file" to make
> sure they are the same format, but maybe I'm missing something

try modifying the redhat ones instead of new ones. You will get the size
and type right.

> b) is there some way I can make anaconda fall back to the python debugger
> (ie, make Gdk-ERRORs non-critical somehow)

I always get a traceback in anaconda, even with c modules.
Probably your problem lies deeper, as you suggesti later on.

> c) is there a way, without vmware, that I can try the install phase of
> packages without it actually trying to format my local hard disk ? So that
> I can test the installer locally ? I know how to run it locally, but I'm
> not sure I can somehow skip the partitioning stage and make it install
> packages in a chroot or something.

the -r option. You can specify a root directory where to install
the system. I use something like:
anaconda -r /data/tmp -m cdrom:///data/redhat/i386
(I have a fully exploded tree on disk).
--
Philippe Gendreau
phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx