Re: customisation of "waiting" images

Hm,

> On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 07:54, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > b) is there some way I can make anaconda fall back to the python debugger
> > (ie, make Gdk-ERRORs non-critical somehow)
>
> What version of anaconda are you hacking on?  And what pygnome and pygtk
> packages are you using?

Any clues on how to make these Gdkerrors non critical ? I know that I can
do it with C apps that use glib, maybe there is a similar way for gdk ?
BTW, are thses gdk errors or errors returned by the X Server ?

> > d) I also went back and replaced my custom images with the standard redhat
> > ones, but I still get the same error.  Maybe I did something else wrong ?
>
> Try not using any images at all.  The code will just display a default
> pixmap for the duration of the package install.

Ok, I tried that, didn't work.  I also added more debug output around the
code, and it seems that the ads are not to blame.
I still get output right up to "return vbox" at the bottom of
progress_gui.py.

So I guess this means the problem is further down the line, but the errors
aren't helpful.  Any clues ?

It could also be a delayed (async) X error, I've had that before a long
time ago in another app, but I don't know much about X protocols so I
might be totally off-base here. In any case, I'm assuming the problem lies
further down, but it's hard for me to tell (being a python newbie) which
bit of code gets executed right after the installer starts displaying ads
and installing rpms.

Thomas

I can't go away with you on a rock climbing weekend
What if something's on TV and it's never shown again
Just as well I'm not invited I'm afraid of heights
I lied about being the outdoor type
<-*- thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx -*->