Re: modifying loader network

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 01:08:52PM +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote (wyy sez):
> On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Horatio B. Bogbindero wrote:
>
> > Surlignage Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@xxxxxxxxx>:

> > the

> > machines

> > > It should work in 16MB:
> > >
> > http://mail.freesoftware.fsf.org/pipermail/rule-list/2002-March/000597.html
> > >
> > this guy must be using slink. i just used the miniconda boot images.
> > which still load the full version of miniconda.
>
> Dunno - I haven't tested the mini-installers at all myself, just happen to
> remember some of the discussion.

oic, thanks anyway for pointing it out.

> > > Erik Troan & Jeremy Katz (anaconda developers) posted some ideas a few
> > > months ago how to reduce anacondas memory consumption, not sure if it was
> > > on this list, kickstart-list or enigma-list though but check the list
> > > archives...
> > >
> > since, i am doing a network install with static IPs kickstart won't work. i
> > have to regular network install. anyway thanks.
>
> What I meant was the discussion about the mini-installer might have
> happened on the kickstart-list, although not really related to *using*
> kickstart at all.

yup. you were right i saw some discussion. thanks. i am studying slink right
now. write now i am hacking a floppy linux distribution that may work with
our application.

William Emmanuel S. Yu
Ateneo Campus Network Group (AteneoCNG)
email  :  wyy at admu dot edu dot ph
web    :  http://CNG.ateneo.net/wyu/
phone  :  +63(2)4266001-4186
GPG    :  http://CNG.ateneo.net/wyu/wyy.pgp

War spares not the brave, but the cowardly.
		-- Anacreon