Re: Excluding packages by selecting different comps groups

> Is there a way to exclude a package when a comps group is selected?  If
> at all possible I would like not have to modify anaconda to do this,
> just the comps file.
>
> For example, in the following comps file PkgA2 conflicts with PkgB2.  I
> want PkgA2 installed instead of PkgB2 if 'Group A' is selected (during a
> custom install).  Is there a way to put a priority on a package?
>
> 0 Group A {
>   PkgA1
>   PkgA2
> }
>
> 1 Group B {
>   PkgB1
>   PkgB2
> }
>
> I have tried the following, but pkgorder (and I would assume others)
> don't like this syntax.
> 1 GroupB {
>   PkgB1
>   ? ! Group A {
>     PkgB2
>   }
> }
>
> Is there a group or similar keyword so something like this would work?
> (group !Group A): PkgB2

If you must have one group or the other, did you try putting PkgA2 in the group
that requires it and PkgB2 in the other?

I don't know what happens when some bright spark chooses both groups, but you
could try it ans see.
--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my disposition.

If you don't like being told you're wrong,
	be right!