Re: Reboot after install keeps running install again

Yes, I removed the CD, but that made no difference....
Liza

                      "James S. Martin"
                      <james.martin@xxxxxxxxx>         To:       anaconda-devel-list@xxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                         cc:
                      anaconda-devel-list-admin        Subject:  Re: Reboot after install keeps running install again
                      @redhat.com

                      06/05/2002 10:35 AM

Ok, this may sound silly, but did you remember to take the CD (and maybe
floppy) out of the machine after it was built?

James

Liza Alenchery wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have created an install CD for RedHat Linux 7.1 on iSeries which has my
> own kernel on it.  The install runs through and asks the user to press OK
> to reboot. But after the reboot(not IPL), the install program runs again.
>
> The following entries are present in the %post section of the spec file
for
> my kernel rpm.
>
> ln -sf /boot/vmlinux-%{version} /boot/vmlinux
> ln -sf /boot/System.map-%{version} /boot/System.map
> dd if=/boot/vmlinux of=/proc/iSeries/mf/C/vmlinux bs=4k
> echo C > /proc/iSeries/mf/side
>
> The reboot does not take me to the newly installed linux system, but
keeps
> running the install program again and again.  I have only 1 kernel rpm.
(No
> separate kernel-boot rpm)  What could be wrong here?  Any pointers would
be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> thanks
> Liza