Re: Reboot after install keeps running install again

Ok, this may sound silly, but did you remember to take the CD (and maybe floppy) out of the machine after it was built?

James

Liza Alenchery wrote:
Hi all

I have created an install CD for RedHat Linux 7.1 on iSeries which has my
own kernel on it.  The install runs through and asks the user to press OK
to reboot. But after the reboot(not IPL), the install program runs again.

The following entries are present in the %post section of the spec file for
my kernel rpm.

ln -sf /boot/vmlinux-%{version} /boot/vmlinux
ln -sf /boot/System.map-%{version} /boot/System.map
dd if=/boot/vmlinux of=/proc/iSeries/mf/C/vmlinux bs=4k
echo C > /proc/iSeries/mf/side

The reboot does not take me to the newly installed linux system, but keeps
running the install program again and again.  I have only 1 kernel rpm. (No
separate kernel-boot rpm)  What could be wrong here?  Any pointers would be
greatly appreciated.

thanks
Liza