Re: The snake in Rawhide

On Sat, 2002-05-25 at 21:57, John Summerfield wrote:
> > We just finished a release so we're
> > breaking stuff again.
>
> While you're at it, would you lease put the version/release into the names so we
> can have more than one version installed at the same time?
>
> So, we have anaconda-7.3 instead of anaconda in each of these:

No, it makes it a lot harder because I have to maintain a version in the
path that gets appended during anaconda runtime.  Which is a royal PITA
from a release management point of view.

If you want to work with multiple versions, use multiple built source
trees.  We already handle some special casing for running in this type
of environment because it's how I and others manage to be working on
multiple branches and multiple architectures all at the same time
without driving myself completely insane ;) [1]

Cheers,

Jeremy

[1] Claims of my insanity are greatly exaggerated