Re: Patches to splitdistro

On Wed, 2002-05-22 at 04:04, Tony Nugent wrote:
> On Wed May 15 2002 at 21:03, Tru wrote:
> > On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 03:17:21PM -0700, Taylor, ForrestX wrote:
> Ahh.  Now, doing that does make it work.  But IMHO, not in the right
> way since that's not where the problem really is.
>
> The python code in splitdistro immediately before that line
> determines the value of dirsize.  Here is the snip...
[snip]
> The real problem is the for-in loop.  Reference to the now-missing
> preview directory is gone, disc2dirs is an empty string, and the
> value of dirsize does not evaluate to 0 as expected at the end of
> the loop.  It appears that the loop is being entered at least once,
> for the empty string.  Why, I'm not sure.  (What if it was
> undefined?  Does python treat for-in loops like do-until constructs
> that get executed at least once?)

disc2dirs should be [] not [""].  The latter is a list with one element
which is the null string.  So the for loop iterates over all of the
members of the list which includes "".

>   (RedHat must not have used this version of splitdisto to build
>   their official redhat distribution disks, surely???!!! :)

Yes, but our tree layouts internally are not identical to how they end
up on the ftp site.  And we also have a wrapper script that handles
actually interacting with our build system and calling buildinstall,
splitdistro, etc.  So sometimes things get fixed up a little bit with it
(eg, the handling of the filename change from beta_eula.txt to EULA)

Cheers,

Jeremy