Re: Request: remote kickstart files + explicit network settings

> On 10 Feb 2002 15:25:33 -0500
> "Jeremy Katz" <katzj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > But then you still have to have a separate disk for each machine, which
> > is kind of painful.  Much simpler if you can boot the machine and give
> > the IP as you boot instead of having to rewrite the boot floppy all the
> > time.
>
> Why not just have the loader prompt for the network information if you're goi
> ng to put it in by hand anyway? I figured you were embedding it in the syslin
> ux file, not typing it in at boot time. You can use "network --bootproto quer
> y" and get a nice dialog to put all of the info in.

It's nice to do all your typing at the very start then come back 15
minutes or so later when the fuss is over. Or to change the CD;-(.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my
disposition.