Re: Request: remote kickstart files + explicit network settings

On 10 Feb 2002 15:25:33 -0500
"Jeremy Katz" <katzj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But then you still have to have a separate disk for each machine, which
> is kind of painful.  Much simpler if you can boot the machine and give
> the IP as you boot instead of having to rewrite the boot floppy all the
> time.

Why not just have the loader prompt for the network information if you're going to put it in by hand anyway? I figured you were embedding it in the syslinux file, not typing it in at boot time. You can use "network --bootproto query" and get a nice dialog to put all of the info in.

Erik

|               "Distracting? I'm inspiring"                                |
|                              - Sally Bowles in Cabaret                    |