RE: Newbie

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, ext Seth Alford wrote:

> (Burra, you're going to see this twice because the first time I replied,
> I forgot to cc the list.  --Seth)
>
> If you have the anaconda source installed, you should have an anaconda
> file at /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/anaconda-7.1.  That also assumes that you
> are,
> like me, still running on RH 7.1.
>
> I had some success getting anaconda to run in test mode with a variation
> on
> the following, with a sample kickstart file in my home directory at
> /home/setha.
>
> ./anaconda --method nfs:<nfs mount for first cd> --rootpath=/home/setha
> --test
> --text --kickstart ~setha/ks.cfg
>
> I don't recall why I specified "--rootpath" to be my home directory,
> other than it seemed safer if anaconda went berzerk to have it clobber
> my home directory.

Rootpath doesn't make any difference when you run in test-mode but if you
take away the --test option then with --rootpath it will go on and perform
the full install chrooted to the directory you specified. I'd suggest
changing that to something else than your home directory root, something
like /home/setha/rhinstall or whatever..

	- Panu -