Re: New Anaconda in Rawhide

On Tue, 2001-12-18 at 23:34, Peter Bowen wrote:
> I noticed that a newer anaconda snapshot is in recent rawhides.  It
> seems to use dietlibc and busybox, among other changes.  Is there any
> info on new features and things that we can expect when 7.2.90 (or
> whatever is the next version) is released?

busybox isn't new.  It was used in 7.2 to provide some additional
functionality which people have asked for in rescue mode, etc without
taking up more space.

dietlibc is being used for x86 boot disks so that they'll continue to
fit

Other things -- well, gtk2 is a big one as well as some splitting
functionality out of the main anaconda package to make it easier to
share.  And trying to close lots of those silly open RFEs in bugzilla :)

Cheers,

Jeremy