Re: Hacking Anaconda basics

>> I have a computer with multiple hardrives and a CDwriter but ,
>> unfortunately, I cannot afford to cut a CD after every hack . How
>> do the pros do it ? Do they cut a CD to test each feature ?

Jeremy> Nah, that would be craziness.  I don't even have a CD writer
Jeremy> on my box at work.  The main two things used are test mode and
Jeremy> NFS installs.

I use test mode extensively, yes.

Also, for the XFS installer where getting CD issues right is
important, I've been using a CD-RW drive.  So the XFS 1.0.2 release is
one disc, as opposed to the 25+ pile of wasted media the 1.0.1/Alpha
release set me back.

(Special thanks to sandeen@sgi for pointing out the obvious to me :)

--
Martin K. Petersen, Principal Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
mkp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.linuxcare.com/