Re: Hacking Anaconda basics

On Mon, 2001-12-10 at 18:11, Sarcar, Shourya C (MED) wrote:
> I want to setup an environment so that I can tinker around with the
> Anaconda package and customise the installation process.
>
> I have a computer with multiple hardrives and a CDwriter but ,
> unfortunately, I cannot afford to cut a CD after every hack . How do the
> pros do it ? Do they cut a CD to test each feature ?

Nah, that would be craziness.  I don't even have a CD writer on my box
at work.  The main two things used are test mode and NFS installs.

Test mode is good for testing a lot of UI type issues, although less
useful for testing big chunks of code that have to get executed for
things like formatting filesystems.  From the anaconda tree you're
working in, run with something like
`./anaconda --test
--method=nfs://some/directory/where/you/have/a/tree`.

NFS installs are great for testing things as well when you actually want
to see things being put down on the disk.

Cheers,

Jeremy