Re: Help on specifying 'chmap' in asound.conf

For that matter, which ALSA source files do the parsing ? From my old/distant memories, ALSA is silent about mistakes made by user when the user provides various configuration files. So, there must be a way to resolve the issue of silent ignoring of user mistakes.

A possible temporary solution would be to "trace" (e.g. by inserting diagnostic print statements) parsing of provided by user configuration files, and to implement this one has to know where to insert the diagnostic print statements, and that's why I'm asking the question.

--Sergei.