Re: Realtek ALC714 - No sound with Dell XPS 9320

Hi,

On Tue, 12 Dec 2023, Chumi wrote:

> I did not succeeded to have the sound on my laptop Dell XPS 9320. The
> specifications says that it has speakers. But no sound from the
> headphone neither the speakers.
[...]
> Here is the output from alsa-info.sh : https://alsa-project.org/db/?f=cf4458e8eaa8e9856adf9a0851e522801b13e49f

this is a bit late reply, but this seems like an issue with the kernel
build and/or some module option. I can see SOF is partially enabled in
your kernel, but yet SOF is not selected to handle the audio device.
Maybe CONFIG_SND_SOC_SOF_INTEL_SOUNDWIRE is not set in your kernel
build...?

What happens as a result is that snd-hda-intel is used instead to handle
the audio device, but this only supports HDA codecs, so you'll only get
the HDMI/DP PCMs, nothing else.

Some helpful tips:
https://thesofproject.github.io/latest/getting_started/index.html#debug-audio-issues-on-intel-platforms

Br, Kai