Re: ASUSTek USB Audio is not picking up sound (but system audio)

Dear Dapari,

Am 17.01.23 um 10:30 schrieb garuda@xxxxxxxxx:

I encountered a weird issue with the onboard audio of my new ASUS X670E-A mainboard. A headset (with separate connectors for in-/output) is connected directly to the backplate of the mainboard. Sound output is working fine, however no audio input is registered. Instead, when playing system sounds, those are relayed to the mic input.

Sorry, I am confused by the USB audio.

I come to the ALSA mailing list since the issue applies independent (!) of the question of whether I use PulseAudio (on Ubuntu 22.04, Kernel 5.x) or PipeWire/WirePlumber (on Garuda/Arch, Kernel 6.1.6). I also confirmed that the issue is not (!) hardware related, as everything is working on Windows11. I also confirmed this issue with a POP_OS/Ubuntu22.04 USB Live Stick to ensure its not something I messed up in my system installation/configuration.

My ALSA config can be found here: https://alsa-project.org/db/?f=6c875715f155549c7cfdd9c0c7bc614514854134

Additionally you can find logs of pacman sources / outputs in my original request for help in the Garuda forums: https://forum.garudalinux.org/t/asus-x670e-a-audio-input-not-working-but-output-does/25798

Please contact the SOUND maintainers [1] (with the list in Cc):

M:      Jaroslav Kysela <perex@xxxxxxxx>
M:      Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxxx>
L:      alsa-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (moderated for non-subscribers)

Kind regards,