Multiple HDMI monitor speakers flip back and forth

I have a notebook (Thinkpad T14 AMD) connected via USB-C to a docking
station with two HDMI out ports to identical monitors with built-in
speakers.  I want to use the speakers on one monitor as my default
output, but they seem to flip back and forth sometimes on a reboot or
suspend/resume.

I'm running Fedora Linux 35 with the MATE desktop and Pipewire.  In
Sound Preferences, they show up as "Renoir Radeon High Definition Audio
Controller HDMI / DisplayPort 1" and "... 4".  Which monitor is 1 and
which is 4 changes sometimes.

I guess the monitors have some level of unique ID, since the video
always shows up on the correct one, it's just the audio that switches (I
understand that these are completely separate software stacks though).

Is there a way to tie a particular monitor to a particular name or
device specifier, so that I can have my default audio always go to the
same monitor?

--
Chris Adams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx>