Re: 8-channel HDMI outputs show up as 2 channels only on recent Intel laptop

Digging a little further, it sure looks like somehow ALSA is not picking up the HDMI nature of my sound card.  The only option I have for sound in pulse audio volume control is Play HiFi quality Music and this has to come from ALSA.  There are several files in /usr/share/alsa/ucm2/Intel/sof-hda-dsp/ that appear relevant but I don't know how to interpret or debug them.

Is there documentation on how to debug ALSA ucm2 problems?

peter

alsa-info.sh upload at

http://alsa-project.org/db/?f=c20d56cb6e1d63e06ebae27b806abfdb66874718