Re: Volume Control for Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

On Thu, 9 Dec 2021 15:31:19 -0600, Terry O'Connor wrote:
>I simply get the message "This sound device does not have any
>controls."

Hi,

this is a class compliant device, hence there are usually no volume
controls at all.

For a 1st generation 2i2 a mixer is available, see
https://github.com/x42/scarlett-mixer . It might work with a 2nd and
3rd generation 2i2, too.

It's a long time ago that I tested it with a 2nd generation 18i20, but
it didn't work for this device.

However, there's absolutely no need at all for Scarlett mixer volume
controls, unless you want to rout for monitoring purpose. Loudness and
distortion are caused by something, that is wrong with your setup, so
you need to fix that.

Regards,
Ralf

--
“Awards are merely the badges of mediocrity.”

― Charles Ives