Re: audioquest dragonfly not connecting with alsa

On Fri, 13 Nov 2020 15:15:11 -0500,
chris hermansen wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
> John and list,
>
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 9:38 AM John Covici <covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 13 Nov 2020 12:11:33 -0500,
> > chris hermansen wrote:
> > >
> > > [1  <text/plain; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
> > > John and list;

> [various bits deleted]
>

> > Thanks for your quick reply.  I would like to use a regular console
> > player such as mpv or some such to play directly to alsa without pulse
> > audio, and when I do /proc/asound/card1/stream0 I get much the same as
> > you.  so, for mpv, they have --audio-device=alsa/ and then they want
> > the alsa device name, so what can I put there?  Here is my current
> > /etc/asound.conf .
> >

> Check out this link: https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/3955
>
> It seems to suggest something like the following:
>
> @NapoleonWils0n <https://github.com/NapoleonWils0n>
> > You might try audio-device=alsa/plughw:1,0 like example here
> > https://mpv.io/manual/stable/#options-audio-device
> > Didn't test it myself, though
> >

> > The second card mentioned in the .conf is another dac which I have,
> > but I could put a third stanza in there, if I knew what to put.
> >

> I don't have any suggestions about the .conf as I've never used one myself.

Well, I got it to work!  the plughw was the trick, and I was able to
use the mix plugin to play more than one thing at a time -- actually I
don't do that, but sometimes I want to play two things at once and
pause and switch between them.  So, thanks much and I hope this can
help others in the future.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una