Re: audioquest dragonfly not connecting with alsa

John and list,

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 9:38 AM John Covici <covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 13 Nov 2020 12:11:33 -0500,
chris hermansen wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
> John and list;
>
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 8:28 AM John Covici <covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hi.  I have a ?Dragonfly Red which is supposed to be a USB dac, and I
> > am unable to connectit with alsa.

[various bits deleted]

Thanks for your quick reply.  I would like to use a regular console
player such as mpv or some such to play directly to alsa without pulse
audio, and when I do /proc/asound/card1/stream0 I get much the same as
you.  so, for mpv, they have --audio-device=alsa/ and then they want
the alsa device name, so what can I put there?  Here is my current
/etc/asound.conf .

Check out this link: https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/3955

It seems to suggest something like the following:

@NapoleonWils0n
You might try audio-device=alsa/plughw:1,0 like example here https://mpv.io/manual/stable/#options-audio-device
Didn't test it myself, though

The second card mentioned in the .conf is another dac which I have,
but I could put a third stanza in there, if I knew what to put.

I don't have any suggestions about the .conf as I've never used one myself.

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.