Re: snd_hda_intel preventing hdmi monitor to wake up from sleep

Hi,

On Mon, 12 Oct 2020, Noè Murr wrote:

> When I load the module everything is back to how it was before.
> Attached you can find both the alsa-info before `modeprobe -v
> snd_hda_intel enable=Y,N` and after that.

thanks. The log looks as expected, only the ALC1220 codec is enabled
with the PCH HDA controller, so the 'enable' param took effect.

Hmm, looks strange. It starts to look like it's the i915 acomp init that
is somehow interfering with the discrete GPU. Unfortunately we have no
runtime flags to avoid this, without modifying kernel code.

If you are not using internal graphics, you can try blacklisting "i915"
module. This should force the acomp_init to fail.

PS Takashi, the modprobe.d array parsing was a false alarm.. I had
   typo in my conf file. :) Now it works as expected.

Br, Kai