Re: snd_hda_intel preventing hdmi monitor to wake up from sleep

Hi,

On Sat, 10 Oct 2020, Noè Murr wrote:

> Note that if I run xrandr after the suspension I see the HDMI exit as it
> was working.
>
> I found out online that one guy had my same problem found out that
> blacklisting the modules:
> 	snd_hda_intel
> 	snd_sof_intel_hda
> 	snd_sof_intel_hda_common
> 	sof_pci_dev
> 	snd_sof_intel_byt
> 	snd_sof_intel_ipc
> the problem is solved. I tried but of course without them I'm not having
> audio and that's not acceptable.

now that is very strange. Your "aplay -l" output shows these drivers are
not even talking to the discrete GPU HDA controller, so it's beyond me how
these drivers then can block HDMI resume.

You could try disabling the i915 HDMI audio by putting following in some
modprobe.d file:

options snd_hda_intel probe_mask=257

And maybe try disabling the second controller:

options snd_hda_intel enable=1,0

I doubt those will help, but may at least provide some additional clues.

Please capture and share output of alsa-info:
https://alsa-project.org/wiki/AlsaInfo

Br, Kai