Re: Making video from Audacity?

With no studying other than the ffmpeg man page I was able to do:
ffmpeg -f x11grab -s 938x663 -i :0.0+0+0 -s 528x320 test10.mp4

But: Audacity has to be running in the upper left screen corner at the
right size (938x663).  That gets resized to 528x320 in the output
file.  The mp4 file doesn't work in omxplayer but does in mpv.  Some
codecs only work for some sizes, I think it's one of those things.

What I had in mind was to make Audacity have a hook to call an
external program each time it updates the screen.   Then call
something like xwd from the hook and put the frames together later.
No sound that way though, you'd have to mix in the audio file that
Audacity is playing/displaying. xwd can do screen dumps of a specific
window id, which Audacity would have access to since it owns it.