Re: Issue starting JACK

On 2020-07-14 03:29, Nathan Dehnel wrote:
Ok. Here is the output:

To add to my last request for info:

Try the following.
cp .asoundrc .asoundrc.bak (not the hidden file "dot" "." preceding the file.
make sure that .asoundrc.bak  was created.

Reboot. Sorry to ask that but I want to make sure alsa starts from scratch as I cannot remember right now how to restart the alsa sound system with sysctl etc.

Start alsamixer, see if tghe default device etc is available and check with F5 if all the inputs and outputs show.

Try the jack string again.
If this solves your problem, then leave it so.

If not, then copy back .asoundrc
.bak to .asoundrc in your user account

BTW this is clearly not a jack problem . Jack works. It seems to be a driver problem if the above doesnt work. So the problem must be between alsa and the kernel module for the sound card you use.

But, try the above first. Sometimes it solves the problem.