Dummy rPi Sound Device Config

Hello,

I have been chasing what I think to be an alsa configuration error on my part. I am creating a paging system with a raspberry pi and PJSIP as I have seen many other work on in various forum posts.

Reference: https://alsa-user.narkive.com/xetyCbqo/setting-up-a-dummy-sound-device-on-a-raspberry-pi-running-raspian#post1

In my case, I have loaded the snd-dummy module without issue and I see it in my aplay/arecord -l outputs. I have been tinkering around with /etc/asound.conf trying to get something to work.

asound.conf:

pcm.bcm2835 {
        type hw
        card 0
        device 0
}
ctl.bcm2835 {
        type hw
        card 0
        device 0
}
pcm.dummy_capture {
        type hw
        card 1
        device 0
}

pcm.paging_asym {
        type asym
        playback.pcm "bcm2835"
        capture.pcm "dummy_capture"
}
pcm.paging {
        type plug
        slave.pcm "paging_asym"
}
ctl.paging {
        type plug:paging
}
pcm.!default {
        type plug:paging
}
ctl.!default {
        type plug:paging
}

My issue is, when I receive a call from PJSIP it trys matching some frame parameters when opening the ALSA device and fails with this error:

pjsua-armv6l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf: ../src/pjmedia/conference.c:1895: get_frame: Assertion `frame->size == conf->samples_per_frame * conf->bits_per_sample / 8' failed.

Has anyone here dealt with this? Is this an ALSA configuration error that I'm missing? Perhaps this is wholly unrelated to ALSA--even knowing that would be a help in my current predicament. In the case that more information is needed (and I'm counting on it), please ask.

Regards,

Larry Ing