Does the SpeexDSP plugin work?

I have been playing with this repo and the results are actually quite good.

https://github.com/voice-engine/ec

I have been using exactly the same parameters with the following.
# The IPC key of dmix or dsnoop plugin must be unique

# If 555555 or 666666 is used by other processes, use another one

# use samplerate to resample as speexdsp resample is bad

#defaults.pcm.rate_converter "samplerate"

pcm.!default {

    type asym

    playback.pcm "playback"

    capture.pcm "echo"

}

pcm.playback {

    type plug

    slave.pcm "dmixed"

}

pcm.echo {

type speex

slave.pcm "agc"

echo yes

frames 128

filter_length 4096

}

pcm.agc {

type speex

slave.pcm "capture"

agc 1

}

pcm.capture {

    type plug

    slave.pcm "array"

    route_policy sum

}

pcm.dmixed {

    type dmix

    slave.pcm "hw:seeed2micvoicec"

    ipc_key 555555

}

pcm.array {

    type dsnoop

    slave {

        pcm "hw:seeed2micvoicec"

        channels 2

    }

    ipc_key 666666

}

I really don’t understand how the above repo can do such and excellent job and then with alsa-plugins it can provide zero EC and also vocode the recording so badly?
Surely there is something wrong with the implementation?
Its doesn’t make and sense unless I have the above asound.conf wrong?
But https://github.com/voice-engine/ec works quite effectively?
Stuart

Sent from Mail for Windows 10