Re: Low volume from "ALC888-VD Analog" device

Patrick May wrote on 2/20/20 3:11 PM:
> Hello,
>
> If it turns out to be impossible to get the onboard sound on your
> motherboard working properly in linux, would it be an acceptable
> solution to you to install and use an add-in sound card?

I think I could do that.

But, since this is a is (1) a motherboard from a pretty mainstream
manufacturer, and (ii) apparently using a mainstream chip and (iii) standard
Intel driver (although I really wonder whether there isn't a better driver,
because to me, in my ignorance, this looks like a driver issue), it seems very
odd that there doesn't (so far) seem to be some reasonable solution short of
completely bypassing the on-board audio.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://enginehousebooks.com/drevans