From: Frank Thomas
Sent: 04 June 2018 08:53:57
To: alsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Get triggered when the device opens

Hello,

I'd like to apologise beforehand if I have not read enough
documentation and/or source code to be posting here. Please do not
hesitate to tell me to RTFM ☺

My application needs to get triggered when a mechanism any application
is opening or closing a certain list of ALSA devices. It seems that
ALSA hooks would be a way to do it. AFAIK I can only use a hook to
trigger a function a in a pcm control plugins with certain arguments. I
would need implement a control plugin that notifies my application for
me and use a hook to trigger the trigger ☺

Is there another way, e.g. with the ALSA API, to get triggered on such
events?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Thomas Frank