USB Synchronization w/ALSA via g_audio

Hi all,

I'm reading about the feedback mechanism for USB audio. I'm trying to see if I can implement asynchronous mode.

Basically I am feeding the USB gadget with PCM writes at a fixed rate, but I am very slowly filling the buffer out to the sink on the other end.

Eventually, the buffer fills, and I am only able to write the available free space, and I stat to develop latency problems. I believe this is due to the subtle clock skew between my clocks.

What is a good strategy to prevent this? I found this link (http://www.electronicdesign.com/embedded/achieving-bit-perfect-usb-audio), and am curious if the ALSA users here have implemented something like this (or with the g_audio kernel module).

Thanks,
Rob