Re: Persisting muted state and volume across reboots

On Sunday 24 June 2018 13:07,
info <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> put forth the proposition:
> I wish all my users have been migrated. Until then, is Fedora distro builder
> misusing ALSA? What do I need to tell them to either enable detection of
> attached front panel cables, or storing and properly restoring the volume and
> mute state? Saving is working, but then something overwrites the configuration
> during the shutdown or boot process. Unfortunately I cannot remove PulseAudio,
> and it is my understanding that all these systemd services are needed as
> crutches to let PA run.

It could be that pulse is restoring its own settings. I don't use
pulse either, but perhaps using pavucontrol and setting things up the
way they like will work and those settings will come back after a
reboot.

--

I don't know why, but first C programs tend to look a lot worse than
first programs in any other language (maybe except for fortran, but then

                                                            .--.  oo
                                                           (____)//