Re: Persisting muted state and volume across reboots

On 2018-06-24 10:51 AM, David Wood fall wrote:
On Sunday 24 June 2018 08:58,
info <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> put forth the proposition:
Good morning,

Whenever I boot a Fedora 26 box, the front headphone jack is muted and volume
set to zero. No insertion or removal of the cable is detected.

I have to use alsamixer to un-mute and bring the volume up. Then I use alsactl
store command and I can see that /var/lib/alsa/asound.state is being updated:

         control.11 {
                 iface MIXER
                 name 'Headphone Playback Switch'
                 value.0 false
                 value.1 false
                 comment {
                         access 'read write'
                         type BOOLEAN
                         count 2
                 }
         }

changes to

         control.11 {
                 iface MIXER
                 name 'Headphone Playback Switch'
                 value.0 true
                 value.1 true
                 comment {
                         access 'read write'
                         type BOOLEAN
                         count 2
                 }
         }

But these changes are never persisted across reboots. What is missing which is
preventing the mute state and volume from being restored at boot time?

I am connecting to the card 0:

[use0@localhost asound]$ cat cards
  0 [SB             ]: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI SB
                       HDA ATI SB at 0xfe024000 irq 16
  1 [HDMI           ]: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI HDMI
                       HDA ATI HDMI at 0xfdefc000 irq 32

Thank you

Alex
What does alsamixer look like after doing a 'store' followed by a
'restore'?

If it looks OK, then do you have a startup script that runs 'alsactl
restore' on boot? Or does that Fedora version use systemd?
Fedora uses systems. I don't know what scripts it has and where.

Thank you
Alex