Device-tree overlay: simple-audio-codec for Simple-audio-card ?

I try to get digital audio input for 16 TDM channels on a  "mcasp" on a
beaglebone working, no I2C, no SPI,... no controls, without writing a kernel
driver. Did some (re)search,  I dont understand everything, just guess from
the documentations found:

There is the simple-audio-card, described in simple-audio-card.txt in the
kernel documentation, which "only" needs to write a proper device-tree overlay
nowadays for uboot-devicetree overlay on an beaglebone.

I stuck now writing the overlay, choosing a proper codec  for the devicetree
file, so here my question:

Is there a simple audio-codec  I can reference for this usage ?

simple_audio_card.txt says:

   Required dai-link subnodes:

   - cpu					: CPU   sub-node
   - codec					: CODEC sub-node

the fragment would contain:

 			sound_master: simple-audio-card,cpu {
					sound-dai = <&mcasp0>;
					clocks = <&clk_mcasp0>;
        		};
			simple-audio-card,codec {
					sound-dai = <&??????>;
			};

Also any hints to further documentation is also appreciated.

Background info:
   Try to generate an bitblock and framesync which clock in 16 slots of 16
bits for digital microphone array which does not have any controls using the
mcasp0 on a beaglebone green.

mfg
 winfried ritsch