Re: how much does pulseaudio use alsa

Kristoffer and list,

On Nov 12, 2016 00:21, "Kristoffer Gustafsson" <kg.kristoffer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I jwant an internal card that works.
> I've read much about this card and alsa, and now this stupid error in alsa that says unable to open slave.
> I have googled and googled and found no solution.
> I bought audigy rx.
> Had audigy 2zs some years, and i liked it. That card worked.

Well...

I have a Schiit Fulla that I quite like and it has worked well with every Linux distro I've used (Ubuntu 14.04 - 16.10, Voyage, Volumio, Archphile). It is USB, plays 16 and 24 bit, 44.1 - 96KHz, has analog volume control not accessible through software, built-in quite powerful headphone amp, fits in my shirt pocket. Does not record though (I don't need that).

Does this help?

Chris Hermansen