No Front Panel Audio On Asus ROG Ranger VIII

I have an Asus ROG Ranger VIII motherboard running Debian Testing and
the front panel audio output is behaving poorly.  When I plug in
headphones, the system realizes headphones have been plugged in,
switches to them as the default audio output, and then plays no audio.

I have gone into alsamixer and found two devices, "Headphones" and
"Front", that both seem like they could be related to this output
jack.  Neither of them is muted and their volume is turned all the way
up.  "Master" is also turned all the way up.

This same audio port works in Windows, but it did require an updated
Realtek driver before it would work.  Oddly, the front microphone
input does work.

Here is the output of aplay -l:
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC1150 Analog [ALC1150 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 1: ALC1150 Digital [ALC1150 Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 9: HDMI 3 [HDMI 3]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Does anyone know how to get this audio device to play audio?