Saffire soundcard problem

Dear nice linux guys!
I have quite a frustrating problem with my soundcard. It is a Saffire 6 usb 1.1 card, and it was working greate with kernel 4.1 and older ones as well. But now, with kernel 4.4.x it acts like it is on drugs...The low sounds are 'okay' but the middle and especially high frequencies are "resonating". Like they are dissonant and stop every ms, but they play constant. No glitches or cracking sound. Install back 4.1 on the same system and the problem is solved. Tried changing buffer and period size, but it is the same with kernel 4.4 and 4.1. I can't try any newer kernels. Can someone help.me what went wrong?
Thanks,
Pete