Increasing mic bias voltage for ALC892

Hello ALSA users

I'm trying to find a way to increase the bias voltage of the analog mic
input of my onboard ALC892 soundcard.

The datasheet for ALC892 on page 9:
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/datasheets/ALC892-CG_DataSheet_1.3.pdf

suggests the VREFOUT/MIC1 bias should be software selectable
(2.5V/3.2V/4.0V)
Default is ~2.5V, as confirmed when measured with a voltmeter.

Digging deeper, I found in the HD-Audio.txt docs:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio.txt

that you can expose those controls in the snd-hda-intel by enabling
'add_jack_modes'.

echo add_jack_modes=yes > /sys/class/sound/<CARD>/hints
echo 1 > /sys/class/sound/<CARD>/reconfig

and indeed it does:

amixer -c SB controls
numid=67,iface=MIXER,name='Rear Mic Jack Mode'

amixer -c SB
Simple mixer control 'Rear Mic Jack Mode',0
   Capabilities: enum
   Items: 'Line In' 'Mic 50pc Bias' 'Mic 80pc Bias'
   Item0: 'Mic 80pc Bias'

80pc moves the default up by 0.7V, however I'd like to use the full 4V
output if possible.

Looking through the kernel source code for the driver shows a 100pc bias
setting exists, but I am not sure how to enable it for my card because
it's not a mixer option.

Could anyone more knowledgeable point me in the right direction?
Documentation on this is almost non-existent.

Background:
I have a EM183 cardioid electret capsule directly connected via the
3.5mm MIC IN jack. Unfortunately it needs +20dB to be audible and
boosting it further increases the noise floor too much

Since the data spec for the primo mic capsule suggests at least 3V, I'm
guessing the 2V from the plug-in power isn't cutting it.
So I thought I'd try increasing it first before getting a preamp else.